An introduction to Trevo™
Trevo™ is simply the best value for money Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) fibre. It has exceptional characteristics in terms of tenacity, modulus and abrasion resistance, and it is used in commercial fishing and aquaculture nets, ropes, slings, cut-resistant gloves and apparel, vehicle and personal ballistic protection.
ICD FibreTrevo™ is the brand name of the UHMWPE fibre produced by Shandong ICD High Performance Fibre Co Ltd (“ICD Fibre”) in Laiwu, Shandong Province, China. ICD Fibre is a DSM company.
Fibrexe LLCFibrexe LLC is the exclusive agent for Trevo™ UHMWPE fibre produced by ICD Fibre in the following regions:
1: Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
Advantages of Trevo
• Trevo™ is 15 times stronger than steel, and 40% stronger than aramids on a weight-for-weight basis. Trevo® is unbeaten in its high strength / low weight ratio.
• Trevo™ floats on water and is ideal for lightweight solutions.
• Trevo™ is chemically inert, and can withstand the harshest dry, wet, salty and humid environments for a longer time.
• Trevo™ fibre, and its products made from it, show high UV resistance.
• Trevo™ fibre resists water absorption (hydrophobic).
• Trevo™ fibre can withstand the harshest environments for a longer time. This is due to its inherent strength, and its resistance to many damaging chemical agents.